March 23, 2020
Brothers and Sisters,
During these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out with an update about what we are doing to address the economic and financial effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on our members and signatory contractors. We are continuing to evaluate our operations with safety and service to our membership at the forefront of our considerations.
- Our Hall and Dispatch services remain available. We are committed to providing members and contractors with uninterrupted service. Our responsibilities to dispatch members and supply labor for our scope of work remain unchanged in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, and as the situation unfolds, we will work to ensure that these vital operations are not impacted. While the hall is currently closed to all foot traffic, we have equipped and prepared our staff for telecommuting and are prepared to handle any contingency without any interruption in service.
- We are working hard to ensure that the construction industry is protected. Our staff are in contact with trade organizations, industry partners, and state and local government to safeguard our industry and make sure that vital services remain available. We are continuing to fight hard to allow our members and contractors to keep working, and we understand the importance of supporting both workers and the industry through these difficult financial times.
- The Health and Welfare Trust has adopted changes to help address the outbreak. The trust has adopted changes to the Plan’s Medical and Prescription Drug Benefits waiving the out-of-pocket costs associated with testing for COVID-19, suspending prior authorization requirements for treatment and testing for COVID-19, temporarily relaxing refill-too-soon guidelines to ensure that members have adequate medical supplies in case of quarantine. If you have any questions please contact the Administration Office at (866) 697-5750, option 1.
- OE Federal Credit Union is open. All OE Federal Credit Union branches remain open, as these are considered essential businesses. They are adhering to social distancing and may need to limit the number of members in the branch at one time. Please try to use online and mobile services whenever possible in lieu of coming into the branch.
- Currently, the Training Center in Canby is closed. The importance of training cannot be understated, and we are working hard to ensure that our apprentices are not disproportionately impacted by the shutdown. We are carefully monitoring safety recommendations from state and local agencies to ensure the safety of everyone at training.
We will continue to provide information directly, on www.iuoe701.com, and on our Facebook page, as new information and regulations develop. Please feel free to share this information with members and industry partners and encourage them to stay safe.
Business Manager/Financial Secretary